The Project Coordinator – ACT role pertains to Project Coordinators who are currently in the Alberici Career Training program. The Project Coordinator - ACT is an entry-level project management position. It is expected that the incumbent will demonstrate a level of proficiency in the following core competency areas necessary to manage projects of minor scope.
Minor scope projects are defined as any one of the following:
1. A project or group of projects up to $7,000,000 in annual construction cost.
2. A project or group of projects with $1M per month billing for at least seven consecutive months.
3. A project or group of projects with over 150,000 manhours or 15,000 manhours per month for at least 10 consecutive months.
This employee is responsible for a defined portion of a project and is accountable for establishing effective working relationships with clients and managing the flow of information and documents between the Company and the client. The Project Coordinator – ACT maintains accurate documents for the project including schedule, as-builts, submittals, logs, test results, etc. The Project Coordinator - ACT works closely with the Superintendent and subcontractors to plan and coordinate upcoming work and obtains, tracks and expedites the delivery of equipment and materials to the site. The Project Coordinator - ACT also assists the Project Manager in monitoring the status of the project and identifying efforts to more effectively manage the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, however, other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Develops, maintains, updates, distributes and manages estimates
· Develops and documents cost estimates to complete change orders as assigned by the Project Manager
· Recognizes and manages critical path within the project schedule
· Maintains the master schedule, updating as changes are made in the project
· Tracks quantities executed in the weekly labour report
· Assembles delivery tickets and other documentation used to support invoice to the client
· Reviews project cost reports, identifying trends and providing ideas for managing costs to the Project Manager
· Maintains and manages the Request for Information (RFI) process, daily reports, drawings and submittal logs
· Obtains and verifies all shop drawings as assigned
· Maintains documents that records the project as it was constructed (e.g., as-builts).
· Submits the as-builts to the client/client’s agent upon completion of the project
· Maintains proper safety records
· Coordinates support functions, including project start-up, with internal and external team members
· Manages the change order and billings process and directs meetings
· Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with subcontractors
· In conjunction with the Project Manager, evaluates the performance of the subcontractors at the conclusion of the project
· Creates and engages in relationships with key union contacts
· Understands and assists in application of buy-out procedures
Construction Means and Methods
· Ability to stage, prepare, phase and sequence site logistics within budget and schedule; assesses constructability
· Conducts a visual inspection of the project on a regular basis, looking for deviations from accepted construction practices and for aspects of the project that will not be satisfactory to the client
· Coordinates inspections with local regulatory bodies and accompanies inspectors
· Reviews the results of the inspection and keeps the Project Manager apprised of the results
· Verifies quantities of key materials (loads of sand, yards of concrete) used in the construction of the project
· Ensures compliance to all applicable and quality-controlled codes/standards
Post secondary degree/diploma in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture graduate or 2 - 3 years of related experience in heavy industrial construction.
Alberici is an equal opportunity employer. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
**Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please be sure to continually visit our website for other related positions.